DerpSpeed: 2003 VW Jetta GLS
Displacement: 1.9 L
Fuel type: diesel
Transmission: manual
Curb weight: 0 lbs
Coefficient of drag: 0
Frontal area: 0 sq.ft.
Instrumentation:
Description: DerpSpeed is the culmination of thousands of hours of lurking on multiple efficiency and modding sites, over 3 years in the making, the monster you guys have created. DerpSpeed and the found freedom it has given me sent me down the rabbit hole to the point in modding where I'm the one digging, as i have exhausted all practical modifications to the vehicle and am now looking at building a custom aerodynamic multi-fuel motorcycle.

It sofar has been a great journey into the 1300mi tank / 80s MPG realm, (on just D2 / alternator on) where things have started to get weird and new unforeseen problems arise. The goal is 95+ at a mile a minute, I believe 100+ is certainly possible with how much is left to do.

I also have collected nearly all charts for the engine and made quite a few of my own, will likely post them once finished.
Build Thread:
Current Mods: Numerous, 5 page list. Project has been ran on primarily Diesel Fuel stock purchased in August of each year. It is tuned to the fuel and multiple additives in it.
DerpSpeed's secondary fuel is separated E85 "Hydrous Ethanol" that can be port injected depending on a number of factors such as EGT / Boost / Coolant temp / RPM.
3rd, is reverse osmosis water, which primarily cools intake air.
4th is electric golfcart battery / Ultra Capacitors / level 2 charging as the alternator is disconnected.

Propane injection has been tested and dropped for certain reasons in favor of hydrous ethanol.

Many thermal modifications, where a bulk of the efficiency is at. Gearing has been changed, injection has been changed, 4 different softwares have been used for tuning it. Arduino has been used to help thermal management. oils and liquids have been chosen with the greatest of care and every nitpick you could imagine. NO weight reduction, I have actually added several hundred pounds with the water / mix / batteries, but remember, this is a touring car, there aren't many stop signs and tire deflection is still fine. The added weight adds to the kinetic energy of the car allowing for very long gliding over being lighter, (think ballistic coefficient of heavy bullets) I ended up buying a 2nd car of same year and type and modified it side by side testing gains.

I am attempting to wrap this project up, but 3D printing custom abs / nylon parts have made that difficult, there is just too much that can be optimized!

Planned Mods: Exterior aerodynamics have yet to have been touched! The plans are to keep from making it look too Frankensteined as I want to "VanDwell" / sleep out of it when touring.

3D parts, arduino programming (learning) and tuning are still ongoing. The list is really narrowing down, and a 430cc diesel twin has been bought for the motorcycle project, distracting me.
Official Fuel Economy Ratings
EPA city 36 mpg(US)
EPA highway 44 mpg(US)
EPA combined 38 mpg(US)

Actual Fuel Economy Performance
Lifetime 0 mpg(US)
Last 3 tanks 0 mpg(US)
90 days No data entered

(Created: 2017-08-28 05:17:54 / Modified: 2017-08-28 05:39:10)