Gas Hog: 2005 Ford E-250 Extended Cargo
Displacement: 4.6 L
Fuel type: gasoline
Transmission: automatic
Curb weight: 5366 lbs
Coefficient of drag: 0
Frontal area: 0 sq.ft.
Instrumentation:
Description: This great big van is one of the reasons I started looking into fuel economy and ecomodding. The one good thing about it is that it has the smaller 4.6L V8 engine. Even so, this van is painful at the pump. I'd often burn through a tank every week and back when fuel was over $4.00 a gallon it was costing me $125 to fill up, $500 a month for gas! Now that fuel is more reasonably priced I'm still spending about $75 every time I go to the gas station, and if I'm driving a lot that's still $300 a month.

I recently acquired a little Toyota Tercel and have been giggling every time I go to fill up the tank ($24). But sometimes I still need to take the big ol' work van out on jobs. So I decided to set up my fuel economy meter in the van to see what I can do. I have been very pleased with the results. Just by monitoring the feedback and changing the way I drive, I averaged 21.4 mpg for a 13 mile trip on the way back home from work tonight. That's much better than I have ever gotten in the past with this behemoth.
Build Thread:
Current Mods: totally stock

Planned Mods: 1) grill blocking for winter
2) electric oil pan heater
3) air dam
Official Fuel Economy Ratings
EPA city 13 mpg(US)
EPA highway 17 mpg(US)
EPA combined 15 mpg(US)

Actual Fuel Economy Performance
Lifetime 20.71 mpg(US)
Last 3 tanks 20.71 mpg(US)
90 days 20.71 mpg(US)
View Fuel Log
Last updated: Nov 25, 2017

(Created: 2017-11-21 22:49:01 / Modified: 2017-11-25 21:56:58)