WRXish: 2005 Subaru Legacy 2.5i wagon 5spd
Displacement: 2.5 L
Fuel type: gasoline
Transmission: manual
Curb weight: 3250 lbs
Coefficient of drag: 0.32
Frontal area: 0 sq.ft.
Instrumentation: factory installed
Description: Newest addition to the fleet and daily driver. Finding one of these with a 5 speed was like finding a needle in a haystack...a true unicorn. So far, its been lowered on Ksport coilovers, rides on 17x8 wheels w/ 235/45 performance oriented all season tires (this is VA after all). All new exhaust system with unequal length headers and a single magnaflow muffler running through 2.5 inch pipe to larger suppressor tips at the 2 factory outlet locations makes for a burbly happy sounding engine in normal driving, on the intake side a replacement high flow panel filter in place of the stock paper element. To ensure it stops as well as it goes, the ratty old brakes were replaced with crossdrilled rotors and ceramic pads at all four corners. To further help the handling, both front and rear antiroll bars were replaced with larger units from whiteline and cusco.
Build Thread:
Current Mods: educated right foot...and light wallet. I keep the engine tuned, keep up with maintenance, decent quality fuel, tires fully inflated, and drive respectfully most of the time. By respectfully, I mean of the car, the other drivers around me, and the speed limits...mostly.

The current wheel tire combo is about 2% taller than stock and fixes the speedo error the factory builds into these cars.

So far, my best mileage with the current mods has been 28.5 in local driving. Quite a bit better than epa numbers for mixed driving

Planned Mods: I would like to improve Cd by adding a front spoiler extension to the one the factory provided and do something to break up the drag at the back of the car. I think with a few changes like that I could get into the 30s in mpg for local driving.
Official Fuel Economy Ratings
EPA city 20 mpg(US)
EPA highway 27 mpg(US)
EPA combined 23 mpg(US)

Actual Fuel Economy Performance
Lifetime 0 mpg(US)
Last 3 tanks 0 mpg(US)
90 days No data entered

(Created: 2017-12-31 00:24:20 / Modified: 2019-03-22 05:41:57)