WRXish2: 2007 subaru legacy wagon 2.5 i
Displacement: 2.5 L
Fuel type: gasoline
Transmission: automatic
Curb weight: 3450 lbs
Coefficient of drag: 0.31
Frontal area: 22.8 sq.ft.
Instrumentation:
Description: You have heard of rescue animals, well this is a rescue car...sadly neglected by the previous owner it has been largely restored to good health with a few minor upgrades. Stiffer sway bar bushings for better handling, wider tires (225/45-17 replacing 205/50-17) for better grip in the hilly terrain I live in, drilled and slotted brake rotors all around for better braking. This car is the road tripper and utility/tow vehicle and is maintained meticulously.
Build Thread:
Current Mods: Haven't done too much eco wise yet, but LED headlamps, K&N air filter, opened up exhaust a bit by removal of midpipe resonator, and a good solid tuneup with plugs, wires and o2 sensors and egr valve combined with slightly better gearing for the hilly terrain I live in have given me on a couple of road trips highway mileage in excess of 35 mpg at 55-60 mph. Those numbers are on summertime fuel blend and ideal conditions. Winter mileage drops to just under 30 for the same road trip. Recent updates include new wheels with slightly taller and wider tires and new springs and struts at all 4 corners.

Planned Mods: adding an air dam under the front chin/splitter to reduce drag. The typical subaru roof rack rails have already been removed so nothing to be gained there. Want to find a way to reprogram the transmission so the torque converter will stay locked up over a wider range of throttle openings. If anyone has any suggestions on how to do this please drop me a note.
Official Fuel Economy Ratings
EPA city 20 mpg(US)
EPA highway 28 mpg(US)
EPA combined 23 mpg(US)

Actual Fuel Economy Performance
Lifetime 0 mpg(US)
Last 3 tanks 0 mpg(US)
90 days No data entered

(Created: 2019-01-10 07:42:36 / Modified: 2019-03-22 05:54:58)