ベカちゃん: 2006 Subaru B9 Tribeca Limited
Displacement: 3 L
Fuel type: gasoline
Transmission: automatic
Curb weight: 4155 lbs
Coefficient of drag: 0.38
Frontal area: 29.2 sq.ft.
Instrumentation: factory installed
Description: "The Subaru Tribeca is a mid-size crossover SUV sold by Japanese automaker Subaru. The Tribeca was first sold as a 2006 model, with five-seat and seven-seat trims. Built on the Subaru Legacy platform, the Tribeca was inspired by the B9X concept car and has now evolved into its second styling generation. "

Wikipedia.com, (Retrieved 05 March 2011) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Subaru_Tribeca

This car was my DD during a divorce which left me commuting ~50+ miles a day not including time spent with the kids. Once the kids and I moved closer together fuel prices went down and I didn’t drive as much. At that point I stopped tracking mileage.

I picked up a Civic Hybrid but found it wasn’t worth the expense of owning 2 cars (price of gas was down). Especially since I needed 7 seat capacity for the kids. After selling the Civic the Tribeca engine went Kaput. (Shoulda kept the civic)

In a fit of rage I impulse bought a BMW 7 series. (Kids are getting older and don’t visit as often). The Tribeca was garaged until a replacement engine was affordable. (The BMW was too much fun!)

My brother gave me his manual-trans V6 Mustang for the kids. They didn’t want it so I set it up for hypermiling and use it as a DD commuter during warm weather.

I put a new engine in the Tribeca so I could hot rod the BMW. Since gas prices are up I figured I might as well hypermile the Tribeca again.
Build Thread:
Current Mods: Tire pressure at 46 psi
Factory roof rails (Deleted)
Synthetic fluids in differentials
Spare tire is upside down to slipstream underside
Partial Grill block (Behind signature B9 grill)

Planned Mods: Synthetic Oil 0w-20
Repair/replace belly pan under engine
Fog Light vent block
Rear wheel skirts
Back corner trailing edge
Official Fuel Economy Ratings
EPA city 16 mpg(US)
EPA highway 21 mpg(US)
EPA combined 18 mpg(US)

Actual Fuel Economy Performance
Lifetime 24.5 mpg(US)
Last 3 tanks 23.71 mpg(US)
90 days 23.21 mpg(US)
View Fuel Log
Last updated: Apr 16, 2024

Trip Log
Work 28.4 mpg (US)

(Created: 2011-03-05 21:44:20 / Modified: 2024-04-20 17:54:25)