Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > Hybrids
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-19-2010, 02:34 AM   #31 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

@Artric
>>>Also, by powering it up along with the BCM, I'm able to see the charge recognized immediately, and not have to waste gas every day on battery recalibration

So you are saying that this gauge helps if you are using a grid charge? Please give me a short overview.

As far as reducing speed to get higher mileage I know how to speed up to 55 or 60 and then reduce the gas peddle and hold it around 100mpg and move into lead burn.

The problem with my car is that even if I keep it at 75mpg it will loss speed with in time and then once it hits 33mph or so it will strain to the degree when it pushes it self out of lean buen and I drop down to 55mpg and soon have to give it more gas or downshift into 4th.

It's just my car will not do what you have yours doing.

I don't have stock tires but I am working on that. Also the engine light is on and that may have to do with some thing that keeps me from having good gas mileage. I have an appointment Tuesday morning to have that looked at.

I could do up a video to show you what I mean but I think I will see what the engine light is and get some stock tires first.

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 12-19-2010, 02:38 AM   #32 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

@RobertSmalla

I know I won't save money with the mods but i am looking for bragging rights. I have ordered the MIMA and FAS from Mike, I am considering a 8kWh battery pack, and a number of other mods. This summer I would like to do a trip from coast to coast in Canada and get 100mpg average all the way.

Reply  Post New Thread