Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > EcoModding Central
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-12-2015, 10:36 AM   #221 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmick View Post
Seems dangerous, plus I get annoyed when I'm driving anything that the cruise lets the MPH be more than 1 MPH below or above the speed I set. That's the point of cruise. What you guys need is switchable cruise.
That's the point. This cruise keeps you behind the car ahead using opencv (algorithm of this video)http://goo.gl/jqF5SK. I realize truck drivers hate slow pokes with their cruise set at 66 mph. This is for "that" driver. If the traffic is going 80, it limits where you want, for example SL+7. If the traffic slows for a few exits, your car "sees" the car ahead and you slow too. It will let that annoying text-er who typically sets their cruise at 55mph and swerves all over the road trying to text. They turn this on and it keeps them up with the rest of the traffic.

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 07-06-2015, 04:04 PM   #222 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

GPS tells altitude

The GPS in a cellphone will tell you altitude.
GPS updates every second, so there would be delay in using it...
Old 07-06-2015, 06:37 PM   #223 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by cellurl View Post
GPS updates every second, so there would be delay in using it...
A GPS device collects data (from the satellites) and outputs data (to its own screen, to computers etc). My understanding is that outputs are usually updated every second but inputs and internal calculations may be updated more frequently. Also it is possible (but not common) for a GPS to update its output more frequently. The only GPS I have ever encountered which does this is the Stack ST995, with up to 5 updates per second, but I would love to find alternatives.

Anyway the point is that faster updates are possible so the delay may not be a significant issue.
Old 07-06-2015, 08:40 PM   #224 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

ok, lets build something!

Ok, lets build it ;-)
Old 05-13-2017, 11:10 PM   #225 (permalink)
CruzeMTgrind

BlueBawls - '14 Chevrolet Cruze Eco
90 day: 48.47 mpg (US)

Eddie - '02 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer
90 day: 23.07 mpg (US)
You guys are brilliant. I may have skipped a few pages but some of the ideas here are top notch. Cruise control systems are terrible. Gas chugging system. Too many people say a well trained foot can't beat cruise control on the highway. I rarely use cruse since I work nights and making my foot work helps keep me awake...seeing numbers below 50 mpg also raises my blood pressure lol below 40 and wide awake.
Kind of wish I had one of my beaters now instead of my Cruze...first car I paid over 10k for. Would have been willing to tamper a lot of things on my 91 Cherokee(22 mpg) or my 02 Saturn(40+mpg already at 19 years old)

Anyways keep up the good work guys look forward to this becoming a standard and several of you making millions off of your ideas...big oil will probably screw you but that's how life is. If everyone actually cared for the environment these sort of systems would already be in place. Vehicle stated for 40 mpg highway should be able to lock in at that mpg in my opinion. 3 lane highways are beneficial to our hypermiling techniques if people know how to drive them as well.
End ranting lol good day/night

Reply  Post New Thread